Asana is a blend of the refined and friendly user interface, which not only makes the structure of the taskforce and workflow easy but productive. It helps in prioritizing important, organizing the team’s tasks, and maintains the flow with equity to get the projects done instantly.
In the literal term, Asana is a project and task management app, which facilitates team collaboration and communication.
Why use Asana?
Simplest Answer is – It is easy to use, track and maintain.
Its friendly dashboard simplifies the core management and makes the interaction between multiple people i.e. Teams, Contacts, Clients easygoing and effective.
The software help in tracking task progress and notify about all that is going around i.e. overflow within the proposed time.
It also gives a boost to the team’s productivity and retains their focus. The software is equipped with collaborative tools, which reduces absurd parleys and encourage effective discussion and exchange of ideas.
As a manager, are your fine with reaching your employees and assigning them tasks manually and paying regular visits to them to ask if they have done it or still engaged?
If it is a small company, it may not make much change, but for large enterprises, which hold hundreds of employees, it is next to impossible. Asana streamlines complex workflows in the largest team efficiently.
Automatic updates to email/inbox – Asana has email integration to release the information timely and with a better approach.
- Get notifications and reminders – It gives task reminders so that you do not miss any tasks. It has My Tasks list and Focus Mode for the constant reminder of all the left work.
- Support multiple platforms – iPhone/iPad support, HTML5 mobile site Windows, Linux, Android, Mac, Web-based, Windows Mobile
- Team management – See team members’ tasks and priorities, Individual task assignment, task Tracking and add followers, Manage Activity feed, Project visible to all tagged member.
- Prioritize tasks – Set goals, priorities, project permissions, manage task dependencies, create Project and task and comment on tasks and due dates and provide Real-time updates
How does it work?
1. Create a profile by signing up from a valid user account.
2. It can add as many members as the task manager wants to assign tasks to all on one platform.
3. It helps you to create a task, tag member, delete a pre-assigned task, mark completion, to add a subtask, send attachments, merge duplicate tasks.
4. Set up your team. You may have 15 team members for free and thereafter, you will need to upgrade.
How to create a Task using Asana?
1. Add new task using “Add task”
- You have got enough options to describe the task.
- You can assign the task to one or many people.
- One or more can monitor the task.
- You can add this task to one or more projects so that all the members of those projects could see it.
What Can You Do With Asana?
Plan your project :
Using this, you can create multiple projects and assign these works within a team. It stores data within its memory to let it remain integral.
It helps you to forge long-term goals that are to be tracked within a limit. The user can set a deadline, complex processes, manage routine workflows, and give a written form to his ideas.
You can use Asana-created templates, which guides you about all process from setting up to management. It helps you in a complete organization where you can keep a check on the entire task progress from beginning to end.
Organize tasks :
After creating, structure it well. To let it go smoothly, you need to set constant reminders, check leads, which can be easily done using Asana.
- Get detailed views of the project using a Gantt-style view for this you are supposed to use timeline feature. To avoid unwanted conflict maintain the workflow at a steady pace.
- To avoid any delay in projects, make a particular member, the leader, who can lead it well and takes the responsibility for timely and well-finished delivery. Use strategies for accurate completion
- To organize, you can use columns and a section for every task and mark them with timeframes, stages, and deadlines.
- You can write descriptions, add comments to show the path to the team members. You can even share the project details with your team using the share option. Make clear workflows by making strategically moves.
To prioritize, you can scroll your tasks and manage them.
Maintain a systematic workflow :
For this, you need to set certain limits. Differentiate urgent tasks from less important to give it a great turn. Assign the time utilizing projects to more people and uncomplicated to individuals to avoid chaos.
- Keep an eye on the calendar to remain updated with day-to-day task and week and months for long tasks. This can be customized in mobile phones for easy access.
- The incessant list can cause boredom, break the tasks into subtasks. Long projects need utter care in management. To make it manageable you can split it in fragments by creating subtasks.
- To track priorities, the work stage, and additional task details, you can use a custom field. It can indicate task status for you. This would also keep you updated about the task importance.
- If you are thorough with your project you can lead it successfully, if not you can depend on any of your teammates, but what if he is also indulged in some task. For this, you can use asana to track his task and start your portion of the work, which can be guided by your mate later on. You can use timelines to shift tasks.
As the team begins collaborative yielding, Asana becomes more efficient. It keeps the team informed with status updates, consistent notification. With this, the manager remains notified with all that is happening around and can guide well for lengthy projects.
- Using project data to create custom reports and visualizations would help you to frame and trace the progress on an individual basis. With this, you can also create reports in Google Sheets.
- Enhance the functioning of your project by adding it to the dashboard by ensures regular updates. This could be more effective to conclude any project.
- You can revise your Progress tab with perpetual status updates. You can make individual comments to the alluded teammate. You can link more members whenever needed.
- As a manager, you can leave constant valuable comments, resolve queries, or provide instant feedback of any intricacy.
In simple words, you can give it a quick start, add few tasks, create projects, invite members, finish tasks and strikethrough them, keep yourself updated with inbox, and plan accordingly.
This would not only help in better task management but would keep enhance the quality of all the projects and prepare them for timely delivery.
Article that you may like: