When you travel to some breathtaking part of the world, it is only a good picture that can capture its essence and stay with you for the rest of the life. You don’t even need to be a professional photographer to click mind-blowing pictures.
All you need to do is to know a few tips that will enable you to capture the glory of the place. More than often the beauty that you see in front of your eyes don’t match with the photographs you click.
But, from now on it won’t be that way. We are going to make the whole experience of clicking pictures while you travel so much more fun and exciting.
Here are some of the best tips when it comes to travel photography.
Gone are the days when to taking a picture was a technical task with a heavy camera. Now a good picture from your camera phone can go straight on your refrigerator or is good enough to be framed.
It shouldn’t matter if you are an amateur or professional, for we have ways by which you can click the best travel photographs.
• It is all about nouns : Wondering what are we talking about? Your travel pictures should have people, things, and places. But will not it be great if it can have it all. For example, the Taj Mahal. Say you wish to click a picture of it on a rainy day; it would be a good enough picture.
But, the charm of the picture is about to double if you have your kids or spouse in front of the monument. Let the monument stand with its extravaganza in the background.
• Selfies are outdated : Forget about it. Yes, forget about the “once upon a time” trending selfies. A picture looks far better if you are standing beside the scenery that you want to click a picture of.
• Where is the light? Yes, being a beginner, this is going to be a tip for life. Click a picture when there is an ample amount of light. This means your photographs should be during sunrise, pre-sunrise, sunset, and pre-sunset.
• Apps can be useful : Photo editing apps can be very useful. This will help you to adjust the shadows and highlights of a photograph and help you take it to the professional level.
When you are taking a picture of the landscape, try to darken the highlights of the picture and brighten the shadows. Adding an appropriate filter can help to bring out the hues of the picture.
• Watch out for spots : A great photo is about the location. You have to do a lot of research and read guidebooks to know about the place that you are going to visit. Learn about the iconic spots that can give you a mind-blowing picture.
• Try a tripod : If you are a solo traveler or if you are traveling with another person, a tripod can help to click a great picture. This will help you take a picture when you want and wherever you desire. The camera is going to be stable, and the composition will be great.
• What about the story? A picture should tell a vivid story to the one who sees it. Be ready at all times and click a picture that tells a complete story. When you are traveling from a location X to Y, make sure you have all the pictures that will connect to create one story.
• How about a GoPro? If you need that perfect shot, then GoPro is the way to go. Attach the GoPro as you go skiing, surfing, bungee jumping and bike riding. This will help you to capture the essence of the thing that you are trying out on your vacation.
• Break it down : The difference between a fine and an excellent picture is the way you break it down. To click a picture of superior quality, you need to break down a picture into three equal parts. Horizontal, Vertical and Both.
Go to the settings on your phone and enable the preview option. Now, when you click a picture, you will see two horizontal and vertical lines appearing. Any subject in the picture should be in the intersection of the lines.
• Take different shots of the same places : You have seen a dozen images of the places that you are about to visit. Try to click a picture that doesn’t look like everyone else’s. Try to shoot the subject of the popular destination in a way no one has done it.
This can be done when you spend some more time with your camera. Try to figure out which angle looks the best and which viewpoint isn’t that common.
Shoot a picture from a lower angle. This will be easy and a unique way of clicking pictures.
• Locals : Nothing makes a photo standout than the locals in it. But, this needs some effort. You have to talk to the local people before you jump to the question, “Can I take a picture?”
• Take a picture of the local people with the mesmerising scenic beauty in the back.
• People add beauty : When you add a subject to a picture, it helps you to create a far better image. When a human stands amidst something that is beyond extravagant, the sense of reality is added to the picture.
• Get Close : The nearer you can get to the subject of your picture, the better the picture is going to be. This will help you get the intricate details and beauty of the subject. Try to zoom in on the subject by using the telephoto features on your phone. And, the other option is to be close enough to the subject.
When you are out traveling the world, a picture is all that will come back with you. To enjoy the beauty of that place all your life, keep in mind that you have to capture every bit of it.
Landscapes, beaches, mountains, locals, streets and so many other things. To capture the feel and the atmosphere of the place you are in, follow these easy steps.
Other articles you may like:-