In case you have an old maestro card (replace it and get Master Card or Visa) or your debit card details have been compromised, or you want to block it for any other reasons. Then you need to contact either branch or customer care.
However, the most efficient way is to block it yourself from netbanking (provided you have access to it) or mobile app. We have listed 4 methods to block SBI ATM Debit card below:
Also read: How to submit 15G/H form with HDFC Bank.
Method 1 : Steps to block your State Bank ATM Debit Card online
1. Open SBI Netbanking
2. Go to E-Services tab from the top menu
3. Choose ATM Card Services
4. Click on Block ATM Card
5. Select the account no. linked with the debit card.
6. Press continue
7. On the next screen, it will display the ATM card details, ATM card no, its status (whether active or not).
8. Select the ATM card that you want to block.
9. Enter reason (lost or stolen). You can choose either of the reasons although you are blocking it for some other reason.
10. Enter the remarks (for your reference).
11. Press Submit.
12. It will ask you to enter your profile password or OTP sent to the registered mobile number.
13. A success message will appear confirming the ticket number after blocking the ATM card.
Method 2 : Block SBI ATM/Debit Card by SMS?
- From your registered mobile number SMS the following:-
BLOCK XXXX (XXXX are last four digits of your card) and send it to 567676
Method 3 : Block SBI ATM/Debit Card by calling customer care?
- Contact 1800 11 2211 (toll-free), 1800 425 3800 (toll-free) or 080-26599990.
Method 4: Block SBI ATM/Debit Card from Yono SBI App
- Download Yono SBI App on Android or iPhone
- Click on Hamburger Menu (3 Parallel Lines on the left)
- Click on Service Request
- Select Block Card
- Enter your Profile Password/Transaction Password
- Click on Block Card
- Now select your Account No > Select Card You Want to Block > Choose Temporary or Permanent > Next > Confirm/Submit.