In case you have an old maestro card (replace it and get Master Card or Visa) or your debit card details have been compromised, or you want to block it for any other reasons. Then you need to either contact branch or customer care.
However, the most efficient way is to block it yourself from netbanking (provided you have access to it).
Here are a few steps to block your State Bank Debit Card online: –
1. Open SBI netbanking.
2. Go to e-services tab from the top menu.
3. Choose ATM card services.
4. Click on block ATM card.
5. Select the account no. linked with the debit card.
6. Press continue
7. On the next screen, it will display the ATM card details, ATM card no, its status (whether active or not).
8. Select the ATM card that you want to block.
9. Enter reason (lost or stolen). You can choose either of the reasons although you are blocking it for some other reason.
10. Enter the remarks (for your reference).
11. Press Submit.
12. It will ask you to enter your profile password or OTP sent to the registered mobile number.
13. A success message will appear confirming the ticket number after blocking the ATM card.
When to block your debit card (ATM card)?
- If card is lost/stolen
- In case your debit card details are compromised.
- You also need to block existing debit card first in case you need a new debit card or an upgraded one.
- If you have a maestro debit card that SBI issued a long ago and need replacement( get Visa or Master card). Remember some maestro cards don’t have CVV and expiry date on it. So, it is useless and not valid on many website purchases.