Visiting banks and filling forms is not only inconvenient but also cost you a lot of time and money.
Now you all must be thinking how it costs us money? Don’t overlook the traveling expense.
Most of the Nationalised and Private sector banks allow you to open an FD via netbanking. But their interface can be a bit daunting for the new users.
Let’s explore how to book an FD via netbanking with HDFC bank.
First 5 steps are for the new users who haven’t used HDFC netbanking previously. Expert users can follow from 6th Step: –
Follow the step by step guide given below: –
1) Open google and search HDFC netbanking, refer to the image below
Visit the HDFC official page https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/
2) Ensure the link you open starts from HTTPS (marked in green), do make a note of ‘S’ in https.
3) On login page, enter your username/customer ID.
4) Click on continue
5) Enter the password, and tick/check the box next to Please confirm your Secure Access Image and Message and click on login(see image below).
6) After login, you will see a few options on your left side.
7) Click on Transact(see image below).
8) Click on Open fix deposit less than 5 crore(see image below).
9) Now, you will have a form to fill in all the details e.g.
– Type of FD : Regular or 5 years Tax saving (its up to your requirement but in our case we chose Regular).
– Place of FD : Home Branch
– Enter your deposit amount
– Nature of Deposit ( you get 4 options in the drop down)
i) Days (between 7-180 days)
ii) Monthly Interest Payout (choose this if you need interest monthly)
iii) Quarterly Interest Payout (choose this option if you need interest quarterly)
iv) Reinvestment of Interest (This is the best option to choose as you get compound interest).
– In next field, you need to enter Months and days, suppose you want to fix deposit for 1 year and 3 days then you need to enter 12 in months field and 3 in days field.
– Moving to next option – Maturity Instructions. Here you need to choose any of the following options depending upon your requirements:-
i) Renew principal and interest
ii) Renew principal only
iii) Do not renew
In our case, we chose do not renew.
Note: When you choose any of these options in Maturity field, next few options will get automatically filled. You don’t need to make any changes there nor you will be allowed to do so.
10) If you want to avail nominee facility click yes in the radio button.
– If there is no nominee mapped in savings account then select – Please enter a new nominee name or else choose replicate savings account nominee.
11) In the end, you need to click on continue.
12) Now you will get a confirmation screen, where you need to confirm all the entered details and check terms and conditions.
13) Final step, press confirm and you are done.
Here are the other handpicked articles you may be interested in:-
- How to submit 15G/H form online via HDFC Netbanking.
- How to transfer money from UK to India in ICICI Bank.