Nationalized banks (one of the biggest and popular “State bank of India“) are considered safe moneywise, but you often find them crowdy. You must have experienced inability of babus siting there and not getting work done on time.
They ask you to go from desk to desk to get the simplest thing done. Although some branches established in posh areas offer better services. But majority will make your life miserable.
Now, enough of moaning about nationalized banks. Coming to the subject, how one can transfer their bank account from one branch to another in State Bank of India?
Steps to transfer account via Net banking/online
1. Login to Netbanking
2. Go to e-service tab
3. Click on more
4. Scroll down to ‘Transfer of Savings Account’
5. Select the account number that you want to transfer.
6. Enter the branch code if you know it already, if you don’t know the code use branch locator tool to get the branch name and code.
7. Next, click on Get Branch Name.
8. Now you will see, the branch name will be fetched automatically.
9. Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and press submit.
10. On the next screen, click on confirm.
11. Enter the high security password you received on the registered mobile number.
12. Put in the number and press confirm.
13. Later, you can check the status of transfer in History tab.
This is the fastest mode as compared to offline mode.
Steps to transfer bank account via Offline mode/ branch
1. Fill in the account transfer form.
2. Write an application mentioning the account name, number and the branch code of the bank where you want to transfer the account.
3. Date and sign it.
4. Carry aadhar card along with you in case bank officials need to verify the account holder.
Important: – Do ask the bank representative to transfer the CIF number along with the account number.
Procedure to be followed once transferee bank received your application
1. Self-attest and submit KYC documents to the branch (e.g. Aadhaar card).
2. Bank will verify the documents and further update you about the transfer.
Things to remember before visiting branch: –
– Download the SBI holiday calendar app so you can keep track of bank holidays.
– Carry pen and blank paper along with you.
– Don’t visit during lunch hours, avoid visiting between 12:30 to 1:30 pm.
– Carry PAN and Aadhaar card